Friday, December 4, 2020

CONSERVATIVE AND PROGRESSIVE ARE COMPATIBLE

The terms Conservative and Progressive are compatible. I am a Democrat in that I vote in the Democratic primaries and usually vote for Democrat nominees in the general elections. I consider myself a conservative Progressive which you might call a moderate Progressive or a moderate Democrat or a Left of Center Democrat. I am happy that Joe Biden was elected president because he aligns most closely with my views. He supports Progressive Ideas where they are really necessary but is willing to listen to Conservative Republicans and compromise where it is necessary to move forward. I believe that Kamala Harris is also a Conservative Progressive although perhaps slightly heavier on the Progressive. I believe Barak Obama is also a conservative Progressive. His opponents and many supporters assumed he was Progressive without the conservative before he was elected President, but if one had looked at his past actions and writings one could see that he was actually a conservative Progressive. I do not consider the extreme Right to be conservative. There is nothing conservative about Donald Trump or Mitch McConnell and his radical right Republicans in the Senate. I hope that Jon Ossoff and Rev. Warnock win in the Georgia senator election in January which will enhance Biden’s ability to clean up the mess that Trump will leave behind when he leaves office. Biden will bring sanity, honesty, competence, and conservative Progress to American government which has already been shown in his choices presented for his Cabinet.

By the way, if you live in Georgia, remember to vote for Jon Ossoff and Reverend Warnock in the run-off election for senators.  


No comments:

Post a Comment