Friday, August 11, 2017

WHY KAMALA HARRIS SHOULD BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT

At this moment, if my reading of Senator Kamala Harris is correct, I think she might be the best candidate for the Democratic party to nominate to run for president in 2020.
I am a slightly left of center person. I favor a pragmatic national policy that promotes progressive ideals but does not alienate the business community in the process. After all, the business community brings in the tax $ to pay for progressive projects. I favor an economy that is regulated to run as smoothly as possible over the long haul and which brings benefits to everyone rather than a free for all unregulated economy that favors the quick buck artists (like Trump) or a kleptocracy that tips the scales unfairly for the few at the top.
I believe we need to unite the Democratic party but also include moderate Republicans who are turned off by the craziness of the Radical Right and the antics of Trump. When some on the far left label Senator Harris, President Obama, and other Democratic pragmatists a neoliberal, I consider that a plus. If neoliberalism means pragmatic liberalism, then I am a neoliberal. Senator Harris is high on my list of favorites to run for the next president because I think she has the substance to appeal to the Center and is interesting enough to bring along the Left. I think Senator Harris might be the best candidate to bring back the Obama coalition.

No comments:

Post a Comment