Saturday, August 23, 2014

Buddhist Center in Israel

I recently read an entry in the Arutz Sheva web site titled "Warning Issued Against New Buddhist Center in Israel" This warning was issued by Yad L'Achim, an anti-missionary organization in Israel. The article was followed by the opportunity for comments, but after I had written my comment, I found that I had to have a Facebook or Yahoo account in order to add it. Since at the moment I do not have either one, I will print it here:

Jews should be able to think whatever they want to think. This should certainly be true in Israel where 75% of the population is Jewish. If Judaism could withstand 2000 years of persecution in Europe, it certainly is strong enough to stand on its own in Israel without being artificially propped up by governmental laws that discriminate against any deviation from Orthodox Judaism. Anything that brings money into Israel makes Israel stronger. Hebrew speaking cultural Jews who are loyal to the State of Israel make Israel stronger whatever their religious beliefs happen to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment